ε-Polylysine (ε-PL) is a metabolite of Strepomyces albulus, which is formed by polymerizing 25-30 lysine residues. It has obvious inhibitory effects on Gram-positive bacteria and negative bacteria, yeast and mold, and has a very good antibacterial effect against Gram-negative Escherichia coli and Salmonella which are not easily inhibited by other natural preservatives, and its heat resistance. Bacillus and some viruses also have an inhibitory effect. It is a safe bio-food preservative that can be widely used.
Product Features： Light yellow powder, strong hygroscopicity, slightly bitter; soluble in water, slightly soluble in ethanol, insoluble in organic solvents such as ethyl acetate and ether.
As a food preservative, ε-polylysine products have the following characteristics:
1) Wide spectrum of inhibition: It has good antibacterial effect on Gram-positive bacteria, Gram-negative bacteria, yeast and mold which cause food poisoning and corruption.
2) High safety: ε-polylysine can be degraded into L-lysine, an essential amino acid after consumption in humans, without any toxicity, and passed the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2003. Licensing, therefore it is known as "nutritional preservatives".
3) Good thermal stability: ε-polylysine is stable under high temperature conditions. It is heated at 80 ° C for 60 minutes and 120 ° C for 20 minutes to maintain its antibacterial ability. It can withstand the heat treatment of general food processing. The raw materials are sterilized together.
4) The pH range of the action is suitable: the antibacterial activity of ε-polylysine is less than the pH value, and the antibacterial activity of Escherichia coli is minimal between pH 3 and 9, and the optimum pH is 5-8. The pH
range is the range in which other common food preservatives do not work and is the pH range of most foods.
5) Very water-soluble: ε-polylysine has good water solubility and is beneficial for use in foods.
Application range：Ε-polylysine was approved by the FDA as a safe food preservative in October 2003 and is widely used in food preservation. In food applications, the use of alcohol, organic acids, glycerides and other can improve the anti-corrosion and preservation effect of ε-polylysine. It can be used for antisepsis preservation of rice, cakes, noodles, sauces, beverages, alcohol, dairy products, seafood, meat products, canned food, etc. In addition, the Maillard reaction can make ε-polylysine a food additive with both emulsification and antiseptic properties.
It is recommended to use 5 to 10% of the mother liquor in cold water or distilled water, then add to the food as required and mix well. The addition of the grading method is advantageous for achieving uniform mixing. This product can be combined with other substances to achieve better results.
0.25kg, 0.5kg, 5kg,10 KG can be packaged according to customer requirements.
Store in a cool place after sealing.