Citric Acid Esters of Mono-and Diglycerides is ivory white powder, soluble in water, disperse in hot water and fat, HLB value is 4-6. People always call citric acid esters of Mono-and diglycerides as Citrem, E code is E472c, CAS NO.: 36291-32-4,
CH2 - O - C-C17H35
Has the function of emulsification, dispersion, chelation, antioxidant, starch anti-aging and control of fat accumulation.
1. Used for emulsifying fat products, dairy products, grease, meat, enhancing its stability, taste and texture.
2. Used in improving efficiency and solubilization for ice cream, chocolate, candy.
3. Food code CAC stipulates that it can be used as emulsifier, chelating agents, stabilizers, antioxidants.
Opeartion methods and dosage
1. Add it to the water around 60 ℃, make it paste form, and then use it in an appropriate proportion.
2. Further processing after it is evenly dissolved with the fat.
3. The max. dosage for infant formula foods is 24.0g / kg, for others foods, add as the processing required.
Total citric acid（%）
Total fat acid（%）
Sulphated ash (%）
Arsenic (As) / (mg/kg)
Heavy metal (Pb) / (mg/kg)
Aluminium foil bag vacuum packing with nitrogen inside.
Storage and transportation
Sealed and stored in the low temperature, dry, cool and well-ventilated place, in order to prevent from moisture and caking. Strictly forbid storing and transporting with materials that is explosive, combustible or deleterious. The shelf life is 12 months.
We can give you solutions:
We have advanced experimental equipment and a large number of experienced R&D engineers. Therefore, we constantly improve the indicators of mature products and continuously develop new products. At the same time, we can provide customers with quality food problem solutions.
What are the functions of citric Acid Esters of Mono-and Diglycerides in oils and fats?
Answer: Citric Acid Esters of Mono-and Diglycerides can retard the oxidation of oils and fats. Often used as an antioxidant synergist.
Can citric Acid Esters of Mono-and Diglycerides use in meat products?
Answer: Add the CITREM in fish and meat processing can make the ingredients fully emulsified, prevent fat segregation and improve the homogeneity of tissue.
What is the materials for produce CITREM?
Answer: Materials are: citric acid, stearic acid and glycerin. CITREM is the product of esterification of glycerol with fatty acids and citrate.
What is form of the Citrem in our factory?
Reply: Our Citrem is white powder, insoluble in cold water, can be dispersed in hot water and hot grease.